Wednesday, May 13, 2009 | |

Pre-School Program

Evan had his first pre-school program last night. He didn't cry but he didn't do much else either.

I spent all afternoon trying to find my camcorder charger so, as good parents, we could have video of this beautiful childhood moment. No luck.

I finally text my friend Steve and he lets me use their camera (which turned out to be great because it is High Definition, :) ).

We get to First Presbyterian Church here in Greenville, a thunderstorm is barreling through and there is like a thousand people there. Ok, there weren't a thousand people there, but sure felt like it.

We get Evan detached from Lindsay's leg to stay with his teacher and go into the sanctuary. You can hear all the kids going crazy in the room next to the sanctuary. It was kinda like in a movie when there is a noise behind a door and the character opens the door and this monster jumps out on them. I felt that if I had opened that door the monster of pre-schoolers would have rampaged me.

So the program starts and the kids begin to sing, but Evan pretty much does nothing. He smiles, waves, sits by his teacher, folds his arms, walks over and plays with the mic stand. I am standing there with the camera waiting for the beautiful childhood moment and it never comes.

At least he didn't pull his pants of like he did at the house the other day.

I guess there is always next year.

1 comments:

Steve and I .... said...

Aw! I'm sad. I wanted to see a clip of the video. :) Even if he did just veg. ha!