Friday, December 5, 2008 | |

Our Lil Glow Worm

As I posted earlier, Addison's bilireuben level was 17.2. But thankfully, she did not have to be admitted to the hospital. We are so greatful!

Today has definately been a roller-coaster ride though. It took over 3 1/2 hours to find the "bili blanket". Lindsay had everything packed expecting to be at the hospital, but finally we got the blanket. It was working so I went to fetch the never ending Wal-Mart list. While in Wal-Mart Lindsay called me and told me it stopped working and that A&A health had to come and get the machine. But by the time I got home (because you know Wal- Mar takes 4 ever!) it was back and working.

So we were happy again that we did not have to go to the hospital (By the way Delta Regional Medical Center is like if you conceived in your mind the worst possible hospital, below that is DRMC.)

So it was feeding time by now and I turned the machine off {MISTAKE} fed Addison and then tried to turn it back on; nothing. At this point I fully believe my wife is going to go Exorcist on me (pee soup excluded). She starts packing the rest of her stuff and saying who knows what under her breath.
Well, I decide to give the machine one last look. I started fooling with chords and knobs. Then out of the blue I touch the right one and BAM! The bili blanket is back on and the only way it is being turned off is if the power goes out, cause nobody here is touching it again. It was like bottom of the ninth, two outs, bases loaded, and a full count. I step to the plate and knock it out of the park! I was excited, Lindsay was stressed, but hopefully our Lil Glow Worm will get better soon.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Hello!
Aunt Janice just sent me the blog, and I can't wait to keep up with y'all, since we never see each other!
I loved visiting with Lindsay and meeting Addy at the hospital... Can't wait to hear more!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
-Austin

Steve and I .... said...

I am so thrilled that you blog now cause it answers all my concerns and questions about little Addison. I am so thankful ya'll are at home and NOT the ...well I won't mention that awerful hospital. She is so precious in these pictures and the foot picture with the pink bow is so adorable. We'll talk tomorrow at church.